NikonviewNX2

Started by rekel, January 13, 2015, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rekel

Hi Mario,

My compliments with IMatch 5. I am still in the very beginning of trying to get through all improvements......

I know you are not exactly in love with Nikon because of their file policy.

I use Nikonview NX2 for  along time already and nearly all of my photos do have the filter score
Did you already try to get the Filter possibilty of NikonView NX2 into IMatch?  Or does it already exist? I could not find it in Imatch 5, neither in the Photools community?

Yours,

Ruud Kampf

jch2103

Can you clarify 'filter score' and/or 'the Filter possibility of NikonView NX2'? I don't think too many people here are familiar with the software. Thanks.
John

Mario

I don't know what a filter score is. I could not find this term in the online help for ViewNX2...

I remember that Nikon View can filter for rating and label, and that their filters very really pretty basic.

Did you yet try out the various methods to find and filter files in IMatch 5? See Filter Panel in the help for a start. The Filter Panel is the main feature in IMatch to find and filter files.

See the Collection View in IMatch to see your files grouped by Rating, Label and many other things.

See data-driven categories for ways to automatically group your files based on any type of metadata. By default, IMatch 5 creates data-driven categories for ISO, Lens, Location, Make & Model automatically (see Category View and there open the IMatch Sample Categories).

If you tell us what you mean with filter score we may be able to provide more specific help.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RalfC

In addition, could you also mention if you use jpg or NEF files?

You might need to adjust some settings in IMatch if you are using NEF (due to the embedded XMP created by ViewNX2)

Regards,
Ralf