Keyboard Navigation Issue - "Result Windows" of "Search for Visually Similar"

Started by sampson, January 21, 2015, 04:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sampson

I just consolidated all of the backups into the same folder, and use iMatch 5 for "deduplication".

Hence I use the "Search for Visually Similar" a lot.

For the Result Windows, It will should an "original" in the first row, then 5 found similar in the second row.

If i use keyboard arrow to jump to the next match set, the 5 similar will be show as the top row in the window - the corresponding "original" is not visible.

If I use "up arrow" only, I can only show the matches of the 1st similar sets (as the first row in the result windows.  Need to use mice to scroll up to show that original image).

Mario

I'm not entirely sure what you are describing in your post.
Depending on the size of the result window, the size of the thumbnails you use etc. IMatch may position the top visible group differently. Navigating using the keyboard works always row-based.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sampson

Quote from: Mario on January 21, 2015, 05:20:04 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you are describing in your post.
Depending on the size of the result window, the size of the thumbnails you use etc. IMatch may position the top visible group differently. Navigating using the keyboard works always row-based.

Please allow me to use screen shot.

First one is after result windows are show, I use mouse to scroll to the top of the results.
- It show the 1st original is IMG_2431.JPG, with matches of IMG_2432/34/33/36/35.
- Please note the "original" of the second set is IMG_2432.JPG.

Second one is after I press down arrow once.
- Now the Matches of the Second sets are show - but the Original "IMG_2432.JPG" is not visible.

Third is I press up arrow once
- It shows the Matches of the First set, but the Original IMG_2431 is not visible.

Thus to work in Keyboards only, I cannot see the Originals and the Matches in the same screen.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

This behavior is by design, it's real special because the result window is so special. I did not bother to implement a special handling for the keyboard commands for this case. I suggest you use the mouse or another pointing device.

If you want this behavior to be improved, please add a feature request to the feature request board. If you consider this to be a bug which needs to be fixed, please add a post to the bug report board, with a link back to this topic so I have the info I need.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook