autopopulate metadata

Started by kkiel, February 03, 2015, 10:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkiel

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if there is a way to autopopulate metadata. I know the existing features of IMatch (I think), and like them very much. But since I often have to add metadata to pictures with similar content it would be great to have a function that does the following:

I click on a newly added picture, go to the headline metadata field, type 'dolph' (or whatsoever), and the programm suggests 'dolphin' very fast. I accept the suggestion and the programm autopopulates some metadata fields (which ones I would have defined before) from my other dolphin pictures. So the program in this example could add the keywords 'mammal', 'ocean' and 'blue', and the description 'Jumping dolphins in the ocean against blue sky' from the most recently added image. I would accept the suggestions  or not, or accept and delete the words I don't want in this case manually.
Another example: I type the english or german name of a plant and the program comletes the latin name, but not in the keywords (I know this works) but in the headline or description.
I think one of the microstock agencies has a similar feature, but can't remember which one.

Or (this would be great) did I overlook that IMatch can already do this?

Thanks for your answers!

kkiel

Mario

Check out in the help: Metadata Templates and the Thesaurus (which not only works on keywords, but all metadata).
Metadata Templates are a major productivity feature.

Metadata Templates should get you a long way because they can fill any number of tags, can use variables to vary the results etc. And you can create Favorites for Metadata Templates so you can run them with one click or even a keyboard shortcut. And you can run templates automatically when new files get into your database...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kkiel

Thanks, Mario, I worked with both the Thesaurus and Metadata templates und think they are great features. But I can use them only when I can completey automate the addition of metadata. It doesn't work when I have to slightly adjust the suggested headlines or captions.
Say, I have 20 slightly different headlines starting with 'dolph': 'Dolphin jumping', 'Dolphins jumping', 'Dolphin and baby dolphin jumping' etc. I would love a feature like google suggest that shows me my several dolphin headlines while typing, I chose one manually from a special image (now a 'metadata template image'), adapt it, if necessary, and the system populates some other metadata fields from the metadata I used in the 'metadata template image'. This would accelerate my metadata addition workflow by about 80 percent, I think.

Mario

I suggest you write a feature request post in the feature request board then. Other users can see it, comment on it etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook