Remove some keywords can not ???

Started by emef, February 03, 2015, 03:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emef

Hello everyone,
when, from the keywords panel, I try to erase certain key words, they refuse to be deleted. That makes me the same thing in the Thesaurus Manager.
I started to rework and edit my keywords, moving some key words in others, and as I can not drag / drop to their new place, I copy and duplicates instead I want their assigned.
So far, so good, but then when I try to erase the original keyword (to their old places), nothing happens. Or by clicking with the right button and "Delete" or by "Ctrl-Delete".
Nothing will work, these keywords are still there and thus appear in two places in the list of keywords, as in the thesaurus and "@keywords." I do not understand what is happening, because this only happens with certain key words, not with all.    :-[
Thank you in advance for a cure or idea.

Mario

It's not quite clear what you are trying to accomplish or what fails.

Do you mean you cannot delete thesaurus entries?
Keep in mind that changing the thesaurus has no impact on keywords or other metadata in your files!

Do you try to remove keywords in the Keyword Panel, and this fails?

Do you try to remove keywords from files using @Keyword Categories?

Please describe, step-by-step, what you are doing. What IMatch is doing, etc.

Usually, when deleting keywords in files fails, the problem is that

a) The file has keywords in legacy IPTC data, and
b) You have configured IMatch in a way that prevents it from updating legacy IPTC data

This creates a mismatch between XMP and legacy IPTC, which causes apparently deleted keywords to re-appear.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

emef

Do you mean that you can not delete entries from the thesaurus?
Keep in mind that changing the thesaurus has no impact on keywords and other metadata in your files!

--- I know.

Did you try to delete keywords in the Keywords panel, and it fails?

--- Yes I Am.

Did you try to remove keywords from files utilisantKeyword categories?

--- I Do Not

Please describe step by step what you do. What is IMatch do, etc.

--- (See attached file)
      I had created a keyword "tower of Eben Ezer" and lately I've rectified rather my keywords by creating an addition to "Architecture / Monument / public edifice / tour / ride Ebenezer." After assigning (corrected) these new keywords for my photos, I tried to delete the old keyword "Tower of Eben Ezer" (under the keyword "Architecture" at the third level) .. . and there, no way, I can not make it disappear in the Panel of key words.

Usually when deleting keywords in files fails, the problem is that

a) The file has keywords in the legacy IPTC data,
b) You have set IMatch in a way that prevents the update IPTC legacy

--- I do not think, but I could be wrong (see the second attached file)

[attachment deleted by admin]