Display masters metadata when viewing master and versions

Started by Carlo Didier, January 26, 2015, 08:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

When I do a "show all versions", iMatch shows the master and all versions below it. But when I click on the master, no metadata is displayed, only when I click on a version.
This is quite annoying when trying to quickly compare metadata between master and versions. Screen recording attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ferdinand

I haven't looked at the screen recording, but I think what you need to do is click on the little arrow on the right of the show hierarchy button on the toolbar and select "include originals with results".

I don't find the hierarchical nature of this result window all that helpful.  So I wrote a script that creates a normal result window showing the masters and versions, and I assign the F8,S keystroke to it, so it's just as convenient.  It's in the script gallery.

Mario

The group bars in hierarchical file windows only represent the corresponding image. They have limited functionality, existing outside the regular files. It's basically just a thumbnail. You can include the original file as part of the results if you really need to access the original of your search there as well. Or just use the Goto command. This implementation is not due to change anytime soon, or at all.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook