5.3.4 - Parent categories now among Current categories in Categories Panel

Started by pajaro, February 01, 2015, 03:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pajaro

For @Keywords category I do not assign @Keywords for parent categories, even though they are in the category tree. It can be seen in Fig. 1 - for e.g. USA, @Keywords Places and Staty (=Countries) are not assigned to the image. Now, after installation 5.3.4. these parent categories are in the list of Current categories (Fig. 2: e.g. @Keywords|Places and @Keywords|Places|Staty) even though these should not be assigned to the image. This happened also for other parent categories. I did not touch any IMatch settings, just installed the new version. What could be done about it? Thanks, Pavel.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

Data-driven categories are supposed to contain their files. This is a requirement for filters to work, and for Other to work correctly. I think this is a side effect of the laborious fix I had to make for the "Other" problem to be solved.

Do you see this as a problem? I see that this may be irritating for the case of @Keywords.
Please add a bug report and I will think about this for one of the upcoming releases.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pajaro

Quote from: Mario on February 01, 2015, 06:33:17 PM
Data-driven categories are supposed to contain their files. This is a requirement for filters to work, and for Other to work correctly. I think this is a side effect of the laborious fix I had to make for the "Other" problem to be solved.

Do you see this as a problem? I see that this may be irritating for the case of @Keywords.
Please add a bug report and I will think about this for one of the upcoming releases.

Hi Mario, thanks for your response. To be honest, this not great for my workflow. I always used the Current tab to see which categories are assigned to the images. Of course, I can also do it with 5.3.4, but now there are extra categories that were not supposed to be assigned, and the list is rather confusing - before, I immediately saw what I was interested in, now I would have to go through the list and check if the given category is "real" (meaning the category I wanted to assign) or just a parent category that is irrelevant for me. I don't know if there is any (easy) way how to display @Keywords in the Current tab as in the previous IMatch versions, but I would certainly be very happy if this could be done... For now, I removed 5.3.4 and re-installed 5.3.2.

Pavel.

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

emef

With the same embarrassment, I would like to Pajaro and re-installed the previous version.
But the installer asks me to remove the current version first. Are there any precautions other than "P & G" to find everything as yesterday before the 5.3.4 update.
Then uninstall directly from Windows? My current base it will disappear, and in this case "P & G" suffice it to ?   ???

Mario

Never downgrade an IMatch installation (install an older version of IMatch) without also restoring the older database. New versions of IMatch may introduce changes to the database, and I don't consider, test or support downgrades back to older versions of IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

emef

@ Mario : I assume that going for with "P & G" an old version of two or three days before the latest version, this is enough?    :-\

pajaro

Quote from: emef on February 02, 2015, 03:13:01 PM
@ Mario : I assume that going for with "P & G" an old version of two or three days before the latest version, this is enough?    :-\

If I understand correctly, you should you the version of the database that was not opened in the new build of IMatch (5.3.4. in this case). So, I uninstalled 5.3.4., installed the previous version (5.3.2.) and before starting IMatch replaced the database that was opened in 5.3.4. with the backup from the previous day.

Regards,

Pavel.

emef

emef

Oops, sorry, I did not see the new version. I installed it and it solves the problem. Mario thank you for your promptness and your skills.    :)