versioning problem.

Started by jcldl, February 04, 2015, 02:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcldl

Until last month versioning worked perfectly.
But since last days I tried versioning on new pictures and it  failed.
I join a screen capture of folders and version parameters.
If I try making versions I have one master and a version for all other files (arw or jpg).
To do that I select all my pictures (here 6 arw and 7 jpg) I check making manual version, RAW as relations definitions.

What I do not understand, it is that all my versions until 06/2014 are good, but now it fails!
Could some body help me ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
jcldl

Mario

What does not work?
Are versions not detected? Wrong files detected as versions? Data not propagated? ...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jcldl

Wrong files are detected. For instance in the file joined First picture is detected as master (slt....06501.arw), but all other pictures are detected as versions. So picture SLT...06501.arw is master and there is 12 versionsncluded the 5 .arw pictures.
jcldl

Mario

If an image is wrongly detected as a master, check:

- Your regular expressions for masters and versions
- Where you search for masters and versions

etc. That usually solves such issues.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jcldl

Yes I understand, but the problem is that with exactly the same relations as indicated in my "version.jpg" until last month all my versions were correct and now nothing works. Even if I try rebuilding versions that were correct, they are now wrong!
jcldl

Mario

Nothing has changed in versioning since, I think, 5.1.14.
Are there any errors or warnings in the log file?

I've made a quick check but in my test databases, versioning works nicely.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

jcldl

I have a real problem with my relations:
files are:
mes_images\year\month\[year-month-day]\arw or \jpg

Masters are in \arw and versions in \jpg. I tested names in masters and version and it is OK (See version2.jpg joined)

List of folders : I add pattern: {p1}\arw or {p1}\jpg....
Direction: specific folders

When I want to build relations with manual version link: I have one .arw master and all other files from folder\xxx\arw and xxx\jpg are versions (arw or jpg)

If I use refresh: nothing happens.

The problem is that 2 months ago I had no problem. I tried a restore at that time, but it is impossible because this  Imatch database is not compatible with Imatch 3.3.6

[attachment deleted by admin]
jcldl

Mario

I think you need to use {p0} instead of {p1}

{p0} is the folder containing the master, {p1} would be the folder above it:

mes_images\year\month\[year-month-day]\jpg = {p0}\jpg

{p1} returns mes_images\year\month\
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

sinus

I have no experiences with folder, because I do hold masters and versions in the same folder.

Maybe you could copy some files in one folder and try there. So you can see, if the problem is in the folder-names or not.
If IMatch matches correct in the Test-box, maybe your specified folders are not correct? But this is only a guess.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

jcldl

I put all pictures in the same folder. When I test Ihave only one jpg matching with one arw, but i cannot have a correct versioning.
jcldl

Mario

Quotei cannot have a correct versioning.

I don't understand this.
As I explained above, you are searching for versions in the wrong folders. You use {p1} to address the folder above the master folder, but from your explanation I understood that the versions are in folders below the master folder?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

jcldl

Thanks for your help. But as often devil is in details! I discovered after building a trial database with 8 of my pictures that the problem was with the renaming process. Some pictures had a space before "_". The name was *4545 _5858.arw and jpg had *4545_5858.jpg. But discover this had been a long way! But now it is OK. The problem was not in file relations.
jcldl

sinus

Quote from: jcldl on February 06, 2015, 08:26:57 AM
Thanks for your help. But as often devil is in details! I discovered after building a trial database with 8 of my pictures that the problem was with the renaming process. Some pictures had a space before "_". The name was *4545 _5858.arw and jpg had *4545_5858.jpg. But discover this had been a long way! But now it is OK. The problem was not in file relations.

Nice to hear, that you could solve this. To be honest, I wondered, why should file relation the reason. So all is ok for you, great.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus