Make it go away

Started by xwray, February 04, 2015, 08:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xwray

There is a key word that I used when learning the IMatch 5 - testkeyword - that I want to get rid of but nothing I do will let me delete it. I don't know what I did to install it but I simply can't find a way to delete it. It only shows up in the RECENT tab and no items are currently associated with that keyword. I'm not experiencing any other problems with keyword usage?

I know that's a lousy description but as I am really far down on the learning curve I don't really know how to describe it any better. Can anyone just tell me how to delete/keep "testkeyword" from showing up on the recent list?

Many thanks for any feedback.

Ferdinand

I take if from your description that the problem is clearing the recent history entries, rather than deleting keywords from files.  Near the top right of the keywords panel there's a drop-down menu that has the option to clear the 'recent' history.  I don't think you can delete just a single entry from this history list.  Leaving it there does no harm, and eventually it should drop off the list.

xwray

Thanks Ferdinand..that did it. I think I pushed every button but that one, probably because it didn't provde a tool tip when I moused over it and I learned early on not to push an IMatch button unless you knew exactly what it did beforehand...

Mario

The functionality of this button and the menu commands is available in the IMatch help topic for the Keyword Panel. Check it out, you may have missed many other cool features which can save you a lot of work.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Quote from: Mario on February 05, 2015, 09:10:54 AM
The functionality of this button and the menu commands is available in the IMatch help topic for the Keyword Panel.

Not that I could see, and I did read the Keywords help page very carefully.  That little drop-down menu is not mentioned.

Mario

For help feedback, best use the link available at the bottom of every help page.
I get several feedback messages that way each week and I use the feedback to improve the help.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Yes, I know, but I wanted to reassure the OP.