Any Chance for calculating in Attributes?

Started by sinus, February 06, 2015, 12:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario and all,

With IMatch we can currently export a lot of informations, together with images.
I selected some images and let run a script and get the results, see attachements 1 and 2 (im7.jpg and im3.jpg).

Or we can simply export a lot of informations, like in attachement 3 (im4.jpg).

And we have the flexible Attributes in IMatch with, like in the help-file, even sales-possibilities.
We can create fields, in where we can put different informations, like
each image: Dollar 222
total images: 7
Mwst (taxes): 15 %

But, if I am not totally wrong
, we cannot calculate with some fields. IF we could calculate, I could have for example 2 more fields in Attributes and let IM calculate:

Mwst (taxes) in Dollar: each image * total images
Total: Mwst (taxes) + each image * total images

Maybe I made here some mistakes (calculating is not my strenght), but I think, you the point.

If we would have some simple calculations, like + - * : then we could do with IMatch even a real calculation (bill), like you can see in attachement 4 (6.jpg), where all relevant informations, including the calculated numbers, would come from IMatch.

Of course IMatch should not be another Excel, but with some simple calculations-possibilites in the Attributes we could do a lot more with them.

My question: is it worth to add a feature request or is this simple too much?
I think, if this is not possible, I think about creating a script.

Thanks for listening!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

IMatch is not Excel.

As far as I understand you, you want to be able to define Attributes which automatically update based on other Attributes, calculating their context using a more or less complex formula. This is complex to start with, and gets really complicated very soon. That's a rather huge side project and I don't see that such a functionality would be useful for many users.

You can always export the data into Excel (using the CSV export module), use a script to perform the calculations (even fill Attributes from there) or do the calculations in your Word script, which is most likely where you need that info anyway.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Thanks, Mario,
You are right, I will try to do that in the wordcontact-script. Hm, maybe it is not that hard to do some calculations in a script.
So I have a new project to do :-):-)
Markus

Mario

Well, calculating, doing sums, percentages etc. is easy in a script.
If you keep your 'Mehrwertsteuersätze' and other base variables in a global Attribute set, you can use them in your script and later change them in one place.

When I recall, even Word can perform simple calculations, doing sums, formulas and stuff in tables. So this will also accessible from scripting.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Thanks again, Mario

Of course I feel comfortable, when you write these things, because then I know, it is possible with scripting.
And such ideas, like this of you " 'Mehrwertsteuersätze' and other base variables in a global Attribute set", well, that does really help. And this is a very good idea.
So I can have in the Attributes, say 3 fields (Mwst, Anzahl Einheiten, Preis pro Einheit) and with them I can do some calculations in a script.
Phew, select an image, push the script button and end with a bill for the client in Word - sounds great for me!  ;D

Thanks for your input, I will do so as soon as I have a bit time.
Markus

cytochrome

Hi Sinus,

I don't use attributes so no comment on your topic.

But I liked a lot the side by side images of "Tagung Spiritualität und Quellen der Kaft" and "Kürbis süss-sauer" !!!

The Swiss found the source of spirituality, and never made it public.. until Sinus gave us a hint. Merci, I'll open a jar and see what happens

Francis

sinus

Quote from: cytochrome on February 07, 2015, 07:37:53 PM
Hi Sinus,

I don't use attributes so no comment on your topic.

But I liked a lot the side by side images of "Tagung Spiritualität und Quellen der Kaft" and "Kürbis süss-sauer" !!!

The Swiss found the source of spirituality, and never made it public.. until Sinus gave us a hint. Merci, I'll open a jar and see what happens

Francis

Hi Francis

You have a good eye and spottet better than me this realy funy and curious source of spirituality!  ;) ;D
I have simply overseen this special "wording".
Markus