All vector files have very small thumbnails

Started by paulrus, February 27, 2015, 02:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulrus

I've searched the forums and didn't find anything on this topic.  I've got a problem where the thumbnails for all vector formats are about 1/8th the size of every other format's thumbnails.

I've tried rescanning, purging and rebuilding the cache, and it's always the same. 

Is there a setting or preference that specifically applies to vector art only? 

Thanks,

Paul

Mario

1. What file format are you using? There are probably 2 dozen vector file formats.
2. Do you have a WIC codec installed which supports your vector format?

If no WIC codec is installed for whatever vector format you are using, IMatch relies on the built-in support in Windows, Windows either extracts a thumbnail from vector format, or, if an application-specific codec is installed, may also be able to extract larger previews (e.g. PDF when Acrobat/Reader is installed).
IMatch does not include native support for vector formats like EPS or AI for a variety of technical and license/patent reasons.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

paulrus

I have SageThumbs installed & Ghostscript is responsible for vector artwork (I believe).

In Windows I can see thumbnails & there's no size difference.

Specifically these are EPS and Illustrator files.

Thanks!

Paul

Mario

EPS and AI files are handled by IMatch by asking Windows to supply a thumbnail of about 2000 pixels.
I need more info.

Switch IMatch to debug logging (Help menu > Support) (see IMatch help on log file for details).
Select an EPS and an AI file in a file window.
Press <Shift>+<Ctrl>+<F5> and choose Force rescan.
Attach the log file. This will show me what Windows returned for these files on your machine.

You may also include an EPS and AI sample file.

Support for EPS/AI is very limited by Windows if no WIC codec is installed.
IMatch does not include native support for this file format.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

paulrus

Hi Mario,

I'm not sure why, but doing the forced refresh seems to be the solution to my problem.  As soon as I did that, I started to see larger thumbnails.

Thanks!!

-Paul