Find file in category and "Splash"

Started by zematima, March 06, 2015, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zematima

Hello:
I have two questions (at least for now...) :
First - How can I see in how many categories I have a file?
For instance I want to put the file A on the categories B, C and D.
Tomorrow I don't remember in witch categories I put the file.
How can I see the attached categories for the file A?
(Searching for file name A it should give the results of category B, C and D)
Second - In previous versions of IMatch we have something called Splash (I think)
This "Splash" was useful when you wanted to assign one file to several categories.
For instance file A with categories B, C and D.
You created a "Splash" with the 3 categories , then clicked on the file A and on the "Splash" created previously. The file was assigned immediately to the 3 categories.
How can I do this on this version of IMatch?
Thanks in advance,
JRosa.

Mario

1. Open the Category Panel (<F9>.<C>)
This panel shows you the categories of all selected file(s).
Click somewhere in the panel and press <F1> to open the help for the Category Panel.
If you are new to IMatch 5, you should also read the intro topics in the help, and the Categories topic.

2. Category Splashers have been superseded by Favorites.
See Favorites in the help for information how to create Favorites which assign files to one or more categories.

I suggest you read the For IMatch 3 Users help topic which explains this and many other things you may wonder about.

Tip: just typing the word splasher in the Help Index immediately leads to the corresponding help topic about Favorites and Categories. Use the help, it's there to help.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Note also that the categories panel has a "current" tab that should show you what you want.

The help file is your friend.