Is 5.3.12 Faster? I think so!

Started by Aubrey, March 11, 2015, 09:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

Is 5.3.12 much faster?
Perhaps a bit subjective, but I used to find it a little sluggish when stepping through file viewer on my laptop. I usually use a powerful desktop machine.

This week I'm travelling and exclusively using my DEL M4400 laptop. Going through the viewer it appears more responsive  8)

Aubrey.

Mario

Thanks for the feedback. I'm tuning IMatch all the time  :)

I commented in detail on speed improvements resulting from changes I made for collections, especially rating and label, in the 5.3.8 release notes.

It depends on how you have configured IMatch, which data-driven categories you use, in which View you work, how often and where you change rating and label, if you display the Collection overlay in the Viewer etc. I expect that many users will experience better performance and responsiveness in many features. See the release notes for details.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

I have also this impression, like Aubrey.  :)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

BanjoTom

Ditto!  Seems quicker, more responsive . . .   
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Ian Pollen

Me too :-)

I have been hammering it extensively over the last few days and it is definitely quicker and has been rock solid... I have of course tempted fate now ;-)

Ian