Missing Thumbnails

Started by Ted, March 12, 2015, 03:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Somewhere along the way, while ingesting thousands of images, some images do not show a thumbnail - most do.  Usually these are NEF or PSD, but not always.  I can easily rebuild the thumbnail by doing a Ctrl-Shtf-F5 and doing a Force Update.  I would like to 'filter' all images without a thumbnail so I can get them all fixed at once.  I have not been able to determine if there is a way to display only those images with no proper thumbnail.

Any suggestions on how to display only those images with no thumbnails?

The attached file shows an example of what I am talking about, if needed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
-----
Ted
Enjoying life one day at a time.

Mario

The images show a width/height of 0/0 in your file window layout. This indicates an error or invalid file format at the time they were scanned. Maybe the installed WIC codec failed and a reboot was needed.

Enable the Orientation & Dimension Filter in the Filter Panel. Filter for all files with an As specified dimension between 0 and 1. Apply this filter on the Database Node or the @All category to find all images with width/height < 1 in the database.

Combine it with a file format filter if you also manage non-image files in your database. Office documents etc. also have 0,0 dimensions.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ted

Mario,
I had noticed the 0,0 but didn't think about using it.  I can now see 4935 images and have started updating them.

Thanks for you help.

-----
Ted
Enjoying life one day at a time.