Add assigned catagory names to 'footer 1 left' of thumbnails

Started by Imageman, March 25, 2015, 02:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imageman

I want to add assigned catagory names to 'footer 1 left' of thumbnails. I don't see that as a choice in layout editor. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help - Bob

sinus

Hi,

look in the Helpfile under "Variables" - "using Variables".

There you will see things like

{File.Categories.Direct} what should work.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Basically you'll use the custom template setting, a Size of maybe 60 - 100 pixels (depending on how many categories you have and how you format them) and then use the {File.Categories} or {File.Categories.Direct} variable, depending on your needs.

The article Fun with File Window Layouts in the IMatch knowledge base and the File Window Layout help topic is a great place to find examples and ideas.

Start with a variable like

{File.Categories|replace:~;==~; }

This variable displays all categories. It replaces the simple ; which separates categories with a ;<blank>. This trick allows the category names to wrap in the file window panel. If you are only interested in the bottom level (leaf level), use

{File.Categories|level:leaf}

The possibilities are nearly endless. Please note loaded, formatting and displayed all categories in each panel may cause slower performance of the File Window.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook