jb gallery, 5.4.2 - first feedback: fails if off-line files included

Started by ubacher, March 31, 2015, 02:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

If the files passed to the gallery builder contain an off-line file it fails with a exception 80004005.

Other observation: If one switches to "no thumbnails" it returns back to "with thumbnails" when one changes to another category.

Opening the image in another window fails because the image is missing.
QuoteFirefox can't find the file at /C:/Users/Erich/Documents/imatch_jb_gallery/galleries/0002/images/0000010747.jpg.

( I studied the help only minimally - to get a trial working.)

Mario

1. The script does not handle off-line files. Just don't drop them. Neither the script nor Juicebox or your browser can do anything with off-line files, so why do you drop them at all?

2. The thumbnails on/off switch is handled by Juicebox and local to the gallery Juicebox does not persists this. If you need that functionality, feel free to study the Juicebox documentation (link in the help) and see if you can come up with your own gallery html file and JavaScript which somehow persists this setting.

3. The "Open image in window" is also a Juicebox functionality and not under my contol. It works here, just tested it. It should work on your box too. Does the image exist? I see that the link used by Juicebox contains a leading / for some reason?

As explained in the help, this web gallery sample script (!) is most of all a framework for your own experiments. If Juicebox does not do what you want, customize it, check out the 'Pro' version which has more features or write your own export script which drives whatever web gallery system you prefer. I settled with Juicebox because it is cross-platform, works well and is easy to use and customize.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

It is clear that I can not use off-line images. I just thought you might want to add a more gracious error handling
when a user accidentally includes such a file.

I tried again to generate the gallery and this time the single images displayed ok. Yesterday the folder holding those
images was empty???

I don't need the gallery and I just tried it out to see how it works. Surely other users will refine it and share their efforts.

Jingo

Just to note... I have the Pro version and was thinking of tinkering with the script and HTML sometime soon to open up the features... if/when I get the time, I'll post what I have to share with all.  Thx for adding this in to begin with Mario!