Help! don\t know howto export/open in external program

Started by danielsl, April 08, 2015, 11:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielsl

After updating lost my old settings, Now cant find a way to export photo to my external progs,

In the past i had a windows, with my apps, where i simply dragged what i wanted, now I can't find a way to add a link with photoshop, etc

please any meaningful guide

Also i tried unsuccessfully to drug shortcut in app panel
it just doesnt work/

there is some serious gap in documentation, last time i spent a week to somehow manage it, this time just cant find any meaningfull info, there is some post about doing this and that but no links to a guide step by step

Mario

The App Panel is the panel where IMatch Apps run.

To open one or more files in external applications:

Select the files in the file window

A) Press <Ctrl>+<O> to open them in the associated application or choose "Open" from the context menu.
B) Use the commands in the "Additional Functions" > Open Width or "Windows Explorer" menu
C) Use Favorites

Quotethere is some serious gap in documentation, last time i spent a week to somehow manage it, this time just cant find any meaningfull info, there is some post about doing this and that but no links to a guide step by step
Ouch, this hurts. I've spend months writing the IMatch help, and it is considered pretty good generally.

I assume you have not read the For IMatch 3 Users help topic yet? Because this explains that Favorites have replaced the User Tools, how to open files in other applications and all that.

When I type the term open into the help index, I get the files in external applications topic offered in the result. And this topic explains the various ways to open files in other applications from IMatch, the keyboard shortcuts, links to the Favorites help topic etc. I'm not sure how I can make this easier for you.

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

danielsl

Topic closed,
Tnx for quick response
I used favorites, in the past, and now i managed to find it thanx
I just thought you have special external app tool, window,

Although, i read documentation, it needs some leaning curve to understand the variety of options and their meaning,
Its pity i,m on the lowest part of this curve  :)

Mario

The help is your friend.

Start by reading the For IMatch 3 users topic. Very useful.
Then have a look at the Meeting IMatch topic which gives a general overview and directs you to the major sections in the help.
Browse the Visual Index for a visual tour through IMatch.

Print out the keyboard cheat sheets from the IMatch Quick Start Guide (Help menu in IMatch). These are handy because they not only list all major features but also the keyboard shortcuts for all frequently used commands.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook