Hide a category

Started by zematima, April 07, 2015, 03:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zematima

Hello:
Is there any way to hide (or to protect with a password for instance) a category?
Thanks in advance.
JRosa.

sinus

Quote from: zematima on April 07, 2015, 03:36:11 PM
Hello:
Is there any way to hide (or to protect with a password for instance) a category?
Thanks in advance.
JRosa.

As far as I know, this is not possible. I personally would also like such a possibility.

You could try to "hide" a category by burrying somewhere nested or use a color that is not visible  or other "tricks", but I think, natively it is not possible. (Though you can hide with a password a whole database).
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

zematima

Thanks sinus.
I have my database protected with a password, but I think this could be a future improvement.
I will put it on the requests.
Thanks,
JRosa.

Richard

Hello:
Thanks in advance.
JRosa.

Similar requests have been made long before IMatch 5 existed.

sinus

Quote from: Richard on April 07, 2015, 05:08:43 PM
Hello:
Thanks in advance.
JRosa.

Similar requests have been made long before IMatch 5 existed.

Richard, your brain is phenomenal! Your are right, at least I can remember, that I once wished something like this.

Simply hide an image, what is inside the IM-database. Would be cool.
With IM5 we could lay an annotations over the image, but this image would be viewable anyway.

Another way, also since IM5, could be the proxy-possibility for an image. But it should be in a way easier.
Hmm ... but a special proxy would be - maybe - possible to program.
Well, but over all, I have no clue, how implement this, but I will give this FR a like!  :)

I guess, a really good way to make an image invisible, is not easy.

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

ubacher

I thought about a special "category" that would put a "cover" over the image so that
it will not show what is underneath until a special action is taken.
To uncover we could ask for a password if desired. How one returns the once uncovered
image(s) to the covered stage is tricky. Uncovered until one restarts IM?, until one switches folders?,
for a certain number of hours?, for the rest of the day? Requiring manual "covering" is prone to be forgotten.

Probably easier to implement would be a category which is always filtered out - and where one would have to
deliberately un-filter it.