Cant´t find JPEG SOF Tags in the tag selector

Started by jarraun, April 11, 2015, 05:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarraun

Hello users,

I´d like having this tag "File.MD.JPEG::SOF\YCbCrSubSampling" included in my custom layout of the metadata panel but can´t find JPEG SOF Tags in the metadata tag selector as you can see in the first image attached. However it is possible to find this tag in the Image Info Metadata layout as can be seen in the second attached image. Please could someone verify if this only hapens to me or if I am wrong tell me how to fix it. Many thanks.

Best regards

Javier

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

IMatch by default does not import all metadata tags. Most tags are not useful for humans and importing them all just clogs up the database, increasing database size on disk and reducing performance. The JPEG tag you mentions is one of many JPEG tags which are not useful for most users.

In order to import these tags, enable their import via the IMatch Tag Manager.  See the help topic on the Tag Manager for details.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jarraun

Sorry Mario to disturb you again with another weird inquiry.
QuoteIMatch by default does not import all metadata tags.
IM5 does import "File.MD.JPEG::SOF\YCbCrSubSampling" tag as you can see here:

The problem for me is that I cannot find this tag selector for customized metadata panel layouts as you can see here:

Mario

I don't understand.
It's a JPEG tag to I just type jpeg into the group filter and then scroll down until I find it.

If you want the variable name, use the context menu in the MD panel and choose "Copy as variable".

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jarraun

Sorry once again Mario, my faulty narrow mind. I wasn´t aware that could be possible typing in the Group filter just expand it. Everything is clear now.