How do I remove deleted folder from database?

Started by whitefern, April 14, 2015, 03:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitefern

I added a folder from an EHD to the database to categorise it and move to my main folder then realised I already had done that. (I've recently reset my laptop and had backups on EHDs.)
Now I am unable to remove this folder from the database in iMatch. The right-click options are for Rescan, Relocate, Add or Update and Cache. The file is now non-existent and I don't want to relocate the files. How do I remove it from the database, please?

The option to remove non-existing files from database is checked.

Many thanks for any advice.

~ Robin

Nytewulf

If all else fails, you could always create a network path corresponding to the non-existing path, rescan it and then remove it from IMatch.  This would effectively create an online phantom of the old directory that you can then kill. :-)

However, you should also be able to simple relocate it to an online directory and then delete it.

John

Mario

To remove a folder form the database, use the "Remove folder from database" command available in the folder context menu.
This command works whether the folder exists or not - unless the database is read-only.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

whitefern

Many thank yous. guys!

I closed down last night and reopened iMatch just now. The right-click option to remove from database still wasn't available so I closed the database from within iMatch and reopened. The option was there and so I've been able to remove this set of folders. I'm sure it wasn't opened as read-only. I've seen read-only but have never chosen that. If it was opened in read-only, would I be able to delete files and such? I've always been able to do that. It was just this folder I deleted from outside of iMatch. Anyway, all fixed now.

John - That's a really good idea which I'll remember if this happens again - thank you.

Kind regards
~ Robin

Mario

A database is opened in read-only mode when:

1. You set the option in the Database menu
2. The database is marked as read-only on disk
3. The user under which you run IMatch has no write privileges to the database file or the folder it contains.

If a database is opened in read-only mode, you cannot run any command which modifies the database (including deleting files or removing folders). These commands will be disabled.

IMatch has no control over the file system or your files. This means that you can delete files and folders outside of IMatch (e.g. in Windows Explorer) even when the IMatch database is read-only.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook