Folder rename fails - must close/reopen IM to rename folder

Started by ubacher, April 27, 2015, 08:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

I encounter it quite frequently: IM won't let me rename a folder even though IM is the only program running.
(I closed all other)

I then have to close IM and reopen it to make the rename work. Looks therefore that IM locks the
folder itself and does not know it when renaming is attempted.

Anyone else running into this problem????

Mario

IMatch has no feature to lock files or folders.
What does the log file report?
Maybe IMatch or another application was currently processing files in that folder?
Do you run a virus checker?

I rename folders quite often but I have never experienced this problem.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

I attach the log file.  PTR_MSG_ERR_RUNTIME, occurs 3 times.
( Took out a chunk of lines to reduce it to manageable (attachable) size)

I had closed all other applications. (Usually it is PS which locks a recently processed file/folder)

No virus checker running. Manual indexing so no background activity from that side.

I could only imagine a script somehow not releasing the folder? Where would I look?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

I see one problem in the log file: IMatch throws an exception while calculating one or more of your collections.
There is no crash because the problem is handled, but I will remove the crash handler for the next update. This will cause a crash on your machine, and hopefully a DUMP file which tells us more about the source of the problem. This may be a problem only on your machine and your database, because I have never seen this crash handler in action on other log files.

As for the folder rename, the code 16011 means "rename failed". This error is logged when the operation system rejects a folder rename without further info.

Just closing front-end processes (applications) may not solve this, because it may be a service or invisible process which causes this.

If you work with scripts, make sure they a are clean and do not keep objects open (make sure you delete everything you new). See if you can reproduce this issue without running any of your scripts.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook