Printing, and the Contact Sheet Feature

Started by ChrisMatch, March 22, 2015, 07:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisMatch

Quite some time ago Mario said:
Quote from: Mario on September 03, 2013, 10:14:50 AM
Printing, and the Contact Sheet Feature, is still on my to-do list.

With the new 'Like' feature I thought it would be great to also vote for 'new features' even if they are already on Marios to-do list.
This way he gets an idea of how much people are waiting for it.

Beside all those "little" enhancements THIS is the feature I am interested in most  ;)

Mario

A very feature-rich and flexible printing feature is scheduled for version 5.5.
I may reveal some more details in the weeks to come.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ChrisMatch

Great to hear.
In this case I will (im)patiently wait for version 5.5  ;)

Mario

QuoteIn this case I will (im)patiently wait for version 5.5  ;)

Your enthusiasm may be dampened a bit by the fact that 5.5 will be a fee-based upgrade. Reasonably priced of course, but still...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ChrisMatch

Quote from: Mario on March 22, 2015, 07:29:23 PMYour enthusiasm may be dampened a bit by the fact that 5.5 will be a fee-based upgrade. Reasonably priced of course, but still...
Well,I expect it to be worth the money. Imatch has always been reasonably priced.

Ferdinand

Quote from: ChrisMatch on March 22, 2015, 08:53:59 PM
Quote from: Mario on March 22, 2015, 07:29:23 PMYour enthusiasm may be dampened a bit by the fact that 5.5 will be a fee-based upgrade. Reasonably priced of course, but still...
Well,I expect it to be worth the money. Imatch has always been reasonably priced.

+1

Jingo

Yup... well worth the price of admission!

Aubrey

I'm very happy to fork out more dollars. You are continually working on improvements over the last months and no fee has been charged. About time to have an upgrade charge. In fact the recently added features in 5.4.8 should have been kept for 5.5!
Aubrey

Mario

QuoteIn fact the recently added features in 5.4.8 should have been kept for 5.5!

This is a matter of principle. Most of the 'big' vendors ship versions, then make only bug fixes or the tiniest enhancements. They keep bigger enhancements or, sometimes, even bug fixes for problems affecting many users, for the next paid upgrade. As an incentive, to make users buy the new version. Or, recently, to pay every month for a subscription.

My philosophy for IMatch 5 is different. I use an agile model, which means that I ship bug fixes as soon as possible, and deliver a continuous stream of releases (one update about every four weeks) to incorporate enhancements, fulfilled feature requests and new ideas. This allows IMatch to evolve quickly and also should also keep users happy and productive.

The 5.5 release will be a paid upgrade. One of the big features in the 5.5 will be the new printing system. So this is an extra incentive to upgrade. But I hope that the majority of users honors the work I do every day on IMatch and pays the upgrade fee to support the continuous development of IMatch and the support I provide.

I think we had over 25 updates (!) since the initial release of the "5" in June last year.  I wrote about 10,000 (!) posts here in the community to answer questions and help users. I think it's safe to say that IMatch users get some mileage out of their license payments.

I have great things planned for IMatch for the future, and I'm always looking into technologies and features I implement for the releases following the 5.5.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator