Reordering categories

Started by Aubrey, May 12, 2015, 02:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

I have been trying to use the button in the category panel to the immediate left of gear icon, this:
"automatically brings first category of the current selection into view", however I am having issues with its use and its not proving of any use to me!

I would like the first category to be my "normal" categories rather than my keywords (my keywords are hierarchical and therefore mimic my categories). As @keywords is above my "who", "what", "where" categories the @keyword selection comes up first.

I have tried to manually sort the order of the categories, but I cannot move @keywords, or place another category above - I expect that this is by design.

Has any user found a better useful way to use this option? The overall idea is great.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

This button tells IMatch to automatically scroll the first category of the selected image into view - so you can see it in the tree. The tree basically follows your selection if you like. See the help for the category panel for details.

You cannot manually move @Keywords or @All or @Builder. These are special system-maintained categories and their position is fixed.

Do you know that you can add additional tabs to the category panel, each tab showing a sub-section or your category tree. I think this is the feature you are looking for. As alway, see the help for details.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Mario,
Thank you... exactly what I was looking for.
(Putting the help file on my iPad did not help in this case ;) ) however your info, followed by a re-reading of the help file did the trick.

There is little you haven't thought of while putting iMatch together.  (need an emotion for clap )

Aubrey.