FLAC Files

Started by jch2103, May 09, 2015, 11:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jch2103

I just opened my old music database, and noticed that my FLAC files aren't showing up. I'm pretty sure they were visible on a different computer. I'm apparently missing something obvious, but I do have FLAC files enabled in Edit/Preferences/File Formats (see screen shot).

After I set up this definition, I re-scanned a folder with FLAC files (Force Update). The files appeared very briefly in the file window, then vanished from the file window. But a proper file count shows up in the folder window. I don't have any active filters.

What am I missing?

[attachment deleted by admin]
John

Mario

Vanish from the file window... but the count is correct? Not even an empty thumbnail panel showing for the file? Or an icon?
Did you switch to another folder?
Closed and re-opened IMatch?
Checked the log file for errors or warnings created during adding the files?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

QuoteVanish from the file window... but the count is correct? Not even an empty thumbnail panel showing for the file? Or an icon?
Correct!

QuoteDid you switch to another folder?
Yes; no change.

QuoteClosed and re-opened IMatch?
Ahh! I restarted IMatch this AM (still no .flac files showing), removed the problem folder, restarted IMatch and re-scanned the folders; now the .flac files show up. Should have tried that before, but I'd never had this problem occur before.

QuoteChecked the log file for errors or warnings created during adding the files?
Unfortunately too late; only the .TXT and .TX_ log files from today remained. I've attached them just in case it helps.

Odd. Presumably a one-time event?

John

jch2103

A few more wrinkles: I opened my 'music' database, and the 'problem' folder didn't show any .flac files. I re-scanned the folder and after a short time the .flac files showed up. Log file attached, in case it sheds any light on the issue. (It shows load failed for all the files, then later successful loads.)

John

Mario

The logs are clean, no errors or warnings.
I have downloaded some FLAC files myself yesterday, added them to a database after creating a custom file format. IMatch added the files OK, no problems.

I will add FLAC as a standard format for the next release. I was puzzled that this format was not already a standard format.

Our posts overlapped. The Load failed warnings are just IMatch asking Windows to produce a thumbnail for the files, which fails. These warnings are normal.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Quote from: Mario on May 10, 2015, 06:36:43 PM
I will add FLAC as a standard format for the next release. I was puzzled that this format was not already a standard format.

Thanks.
John