Removing a Stack

Started by nyoni-pete, May 21, 2015, 03:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyoni-pete

I used iM3 for many years and was happy with the way it worked, I've just migrated to iM5 and I'm getting so frustrated with the complexity. Maybe its just beyond my needs and my ability but, with over 100,000 images moved from iM3 to iM5,I can't afford the time to move to another system!  Having got that off my chest, here's my latest problem.

I had 13 files selected, wanting to move them to a new category, I tried to set up the new category with INS (but perhaps that didn't work),
I hit Shift+S (which was the start of the name of my new category) and now I have an unwanted stack of 13 files.... and I can't get rid of them.

Yes, I have looked at the Help screen, but nothing seems to work.
I have highlighted the top file of the stack and hit Shift+U to unstack but nothing seems to happen
I have gone to Stack View, and hit Shift+U on the top file and various other files, but nothing seems to happen
How can I just get back to the unstacked set of files?
Please answer in very simple terms, I find the complexity of iM5 bewildering.
Peter

sinus

Hi Peter

1) you have to expand the files first:
select the image and if you see only an orange icon (attachement 1), and  no blue ones, then the stack is collapsed.
(if you see blue icons, then you can go to step 2)

So select the image and press Shift E

2) you should then see my attachement 2.
Now you must select all images in this stack. The first selected image is still selected, so
Press for this Shift H

3) Now all images in the stack are selected, now press Shift U, this gives you my attachement 3

4) Now choose simply the first entry (just unstack ...)

Good luck, after a while you will like IM5.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Just right-click the stack top file (with orange stack icon) and press <Shift>+<U>.
Or open the context menu of the file and then Stack > Unstack.
In the dialog, choose Delete the stack(s).

<Ins> creates a new category. Just make sure that the Category Panel is the focused window or you are in the Category View and the category tree as the focus (click into the window to make it the focused window).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

nyoni-pete

Hi Markus and Mario,
Thank you both for your prompt relies and Markus for your screen shots.

However, I am still having trouble, perhaps I am doing something really dumb.
Mario - when I select the top file, right click and Shift+U, nothing happens
Markus - when I select the top image and Shift +E I don't get any expansion

I have now added a screen shot, and I notice on the selected file, = the top file of the stack (with an orange bar), that the counter on the image is "0",
not 14 which is the number of images in the stack. [On Markus' screen shot the number was 5 - the number of images in the stack]. However when I go to View>Panel>Stack is does show the 14 stacked images and when you look at the sequence of numbers there is the gap of 14 corresponding to the stack (IMG8614 [not part of the stack], then IMG8627 [the top of the stack])
Thanks,
Peter

herman

Quote from: nyoni-pete on May 24, 2015, 06:50:27 AMI have now added a screen shot,[...]
Something went wrong when your message was waiting in the moderation approval queue, please accept my apologies  :-[.
Could you please be so kind to upload your screen shot again?
Enjoy!

Herman.