How do you add new hierarchical keywords?

Started by ben, June 02, 2015, 10:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Hi everybody,

this might have been asked a couple of times, but i couldn't find a good solution for me so far.

Question:
How do you add a new hierarchical keyword to iMatch that hasn't been used so far?
Which panels, which view?

My Workflow so far is:
Usually i use the categories panel to add keywords to my images, since:
  - all my keywords are hierachical ones
  - i like working with a tree like structure
And sometimes i use the keyword panel.

Adding a completely new hierarchical keyword in the tree structure of the categories panel is simple.
But then, if i want to use the same keyword in the keyword panel for the first time, i have to re-type the whole hierarchical keyword. That's time consuming and i very often mistype it.

Mario once explained it, that those two panels are not linked to each other.
Otherwise it would be perfect.
I would add a new keyword to the categories panel and then use it in the keyword panel.

Thanks for sharing you opinions.

Ben

Menace

I import my keywords in thesaurus (every now and than I delete the old keywords and import new, so that the thesaurus is up to date) and if I need a new keyword I add it inside the thesaurus. But there are a lot of different ways.  :)

Mario

This is trivial - just use the keywords panel.
If you enter a new keyword with a hierarchy, IMatch will create the hierarchy for you. For example, when you enter

location|studio|Frankfurt

IMatch will automatically create the missing levels, producing

|-- Frankfurt

You can also right-click the thesaurus list in the Keyword Panel and add new elements on any level.
You can also add new levels in the Thesaurus Manager, and IMatch will map that to @Keywords as soon you add the new keyword to a file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook