keyword problem

Started by fdl, June 17, 2015, 11:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fdl

I used this forum at the very beginning of my Imatch experience and Mario and all of you give me such a good advice and solve my problem. Now here we are again one year later with another problem. So, I have been using now Imatch for more than a year and I´m been very happy for the enormous abilities that it contains. Lately, I have been working much in geotagging old pics.
Recently I decided to change how pics are organized in directories and files using the "move file" processing instructions in the Renamer tool. In sort I change to a modern system were files are organized by date directories on the form "20150617" for example.
But when I finished reorganizing the whole thing, and moving files around, I noticed that some keywords are not in the Imatch database, and this is very serious to meeeeee.
They are in the original files but not in the Imatch database; when I use the default metadata display I CAN see the selected keyword for that file (or even when I use the filter panel using keywords all are in there), but when I change to my personal metatada panel layout it disappears. I have read the help system and the forum comments and maybe related to the way Imatch "propagate" keywords.
I really need to solve this problem because I need to export matadata from my database to a csv file.  However, these keywords do not export when using the very useful Imatch "Text export" tools, so I ended up with a csv file where half of the records have not keywords on it and half of them with keyword info from the pics.
As far as I know which files have keyword problems and which not, seem to be at random, and I can not see why some show the keywords properly and why others do not "propage" the keywords that they contain in my Imacth database. I include two file examples, one with the "keyword" problem and one without. Both of them (14746 and 14846) contain the same two keywords: "Plantas Vasculares" and "www" but the file 14846.jpg does not propagate the keywords and I´m not able to export it properly. Do you have any clue or suggestions to me?
Thank you so much in advance.
felipe

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

The default Metadata Panel in IMatch shows the hierarchical keywords (namely, the contents of the XMP-lr:HierarchicalSubject) tag. IMatch produces the contents of this tag (if not already filled) by importing and mapping flat keywords from the IPTC (IPTC:keywords) and XMP metadata (XMP-dc:Subject) tags.

If the keywords show in the Default layout but not in your own Metadata Panel layout, you are probably using the wrong tag in your layout. Just update it to use the Standard tag "Hierarchical Keywords" from the Tag Manager.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

fdl

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks a lot Mario¡¡¡¡¡

problem solved when I changed to the standard "Hierarchical keyword" tag.