Formatting variables: somewhere must be a limit ;)

Started by sinus, September 10, 2014, 02:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Cooler then cool, Mario.

Thanks for this, that is great! I repeat myself, but I had really never thought, that we could do with variables AND formating such a lot of funny things. My apps and file window layout looks better and better, ans so far without performance problems!

Hep .....

here is the golden medal for you!  :D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Unfortunately, no golden medal was included in your post.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on June 15, 2015, 06:50:42 PM
Unfortunately, no golden medal was included in your post.

Ups, I am so sorry, here is the medal, embededd into a trophy!  ;) :D :) 8)  :) :) :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Markus

sinus

Here my actual file-windows-layout. (attachements / they are also for me personally interesting, because I change sometimes something, and then I can look here on the forum, just in case  8) )
And an App.

The icons I made (of course) with the help of Mario, and with the help of variables and formatting functions.
I lern also by doing (for me), that I can realize icons better and quicker than simply text like nef or jpg.
It takes some time to teach your brain, what icons means what, but then it is really very quickly to see, what an image is like.

The variabels seems to have almost no limits.  :D I think, for me the most difficult tasks are, when I have value like "a dog at the beach in Florida", and I want not only say, if the value contains a dog, then display this. Because this works fine.

For what makes my brain to get crazy, is a try, to say something like
if there is no value, then display this,
if it contains "dog", then do this
if it contains "beach" then this
if it contains Florida, then display this

Such complicated things are really hard to get, and sometimes I am not able.
But there we have always alternatives, and that is fine!

So I am still in progress to find my ideal displaying for images, I can see the end of the tunnel.
And still, even with this amount of icons and variables and Apps ... the performance with my 204'000 images is still very good for me.
And no crashes!

Have fun!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Markus