Running IMatch 5 and IMatch 3 on the same computer

Started by wildflower, June 24, 2015, 07:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildflower

I've been away from photo processing for a while, just getting back.  Was last running IMatch 3.6.0.114.  Just bought and downloaded IMatch 5.4.12.  Step 2 of Upgrading to IMatch 5 says to be sure you have IMatch 3.6.0.118 if you want to install IMatch 5 on the same computer as IMatch 3.  But the installation instructions referenced just above that say the installer replaces older versions of IMatch.  Can someone please confirm that it is possible to run IMatch 5.4.12 on the same computer as IMatch 3.6.0.118.  I'd like to know if I'm going to run into trouble before I start the install of IMatch 5.  I couldn't find anything on the knowledge base about this and, of course, can't get to the Help file for IMatch 5 until I install it.  Thanks.

Mario

Although this was more relevant about two years ago when the IMatch Beta program started, or about a year ago when the majority of IMatch 3 users migrated to IMatch 5:

You can run the latest version of IMatch 3 and IMatch 5 on the same computer. They use separate databases and settings. Installing IMatch 5 will replace older IMatch 5 (!) versions, not IMatch 3 versions.

Please note that I no longer have IMatch 3 installed and thus cannot test if this is still true. It should work.
I removed IMatch 3 completely from my PC on January 1. when the support for IMatch 3 ended.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

I still have IMatch 3 installed. It loads fine while IMatch 5 is running.

On loading IMatch 3 it asks if I want to check for an update  ;D

Aubrey.

wildflower

Thanks Mario & Aubrey.  I was suspecting it meant older versions of same major version, but appreciate the confirmation.  I expect to fully migrate to IMatch 5.  Just want to explore it and get comfortable before I delete 3.