rename history

Started by sparrow, July 24, 2015, 06:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparrow

hello :)
I am really missing the mask feature in Imatch3 rename, particularly the pull down menu of the last several photo names used. In the attached images I show how I used Imatch3 renamer and how I have it set up in Imatch5. For my work I receive daily folders of patient photos needing to be renamed in the convention as per attachment examples. often there will be several sets of the same patient throughout the day so often I name the first set and see that there are more that need the same patient name and continued file number sequence. In Imatch3 I could easily do this by finding the first occurrence of the patient name in the mask history pull down but I don't see a way to do this in Imatch5 rename. It would be great if I could auto populate names or something in the text field. Is there some variable or modifying script I can use to accomplish this same task in Imatch5. Thank you for your help and hope I was able to convey my issue well enough. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

I'm not sure that I understand completely what you are trying to achieve.
But for me this sounds like a typical use for the project code step. If you add a project code, the Renamer prompts you for input when renaming files. Then just enter a project code, patient code or whatever you need, press <Enter> and the Renamer uses the information for renaming the current batch of files.

Search (<Ctrl>+<F>) the Renamer topic for project code for more info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook