Filter option: include folder name in file name filter requested

Started by ubacher, May 28, 2015, 07:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

We have an option in the filter panel to select files based on certain file naming criteria.

There is an option ignore file extension.
I propose an additional option ignore folder/path name.
When this option is not checked the filter criteria will also include the path.

Here how I came to miss this option:
I have all my files which constitute part of a panorama in subfolders called PANO.
I wanted to select files of a certain category which are not in a folder called PANO.

I ended up writing a script to solve my filtering.

I think this would also satisfy Nordkap, Feature request topic 4580.

nordkapp

That will not help me that much with my feature request because I am interested in cutting down the folder panel to show only a few folders so that I can move files between these folders.

The backgroound is that I split a session into mainly two sometimes three different folders for backup reasons. One folder holds the best photos of the session and the other holds photos for reserve that I dont want to delete. The are not in the same hierarchy, so actually I have to scroll a lot when moving files.

The folder with the best photos I backup in the cloud and to an USB drive, the other folders are only backed up once to a USB drive.

Mario

Did you consider using categories to unify your folder structure 'virtually'?
Or data-driven categories based on a folder variable which groups all your files?
You can copy or move files from a category to a folder any time using Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook