Juicebox with sub categories - not working on server

Started by Aubrey, September 25, 2015, 08:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

I have created a Category folder with sub categories in Imatch and then populated them with some images

Juicebox
    France
    Selection

Then I dragged "Juicebox" category to the builder in Imatch.

This then generated
Galleries

I then copied the jbcore folder to Galleries. Loading the gallery.html into my browser everything runs fine locally.

However trying to run the gallery.html from the server I get an error message "Juicebox Error: Config XML not found (see screen shot)

There is no config.xml in the highest level directory (there is one in each 0001 and 0002 directory).

Setup works fine locally but not on server - anybody have an idea of what might be the issue.

It is a personal ubuntu 14.04 server I set protection to 777 on all files (for testing as there is a problem)...

Thoughts/suggestions please.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

The tick I use to make sub-folders work is to produce one config.xml in each folder, and then switching between these folders using some JavaScript. There usually is no config.xml in the root, because it does not contain files, only the sub-folders are gallery folders. When I recall it correctly, Did you check the generated file names? Windows is not case-sensitive, but UNIX is...

I did not work with this for quite a while. If you want me to look into this at some later time, please add a bug report.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Mario,
The trick you used with config.xml in each folder was noted - neat. I agree that there should be no need for xml file in  the root.
I have respected the upper/lower case. I have worked a lot with Unix in the past. I performed the transfer to my local server from my PC using ftp (Filezilla)
I'm currently trying to get TinyWebGallery to work. If I decide to go to Juicebox then I will submit a bug... though if you had it working on a server there must be something I'm doing wrong.  :-\

In any case I don't want to take any of your valuable  time away from the imminent (hopefully  ;) ) launch of 5.5!

Aubrey.