Font size increase; help needed

Started by markkums, October 06, 2015, 09:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markkums

Hi there,

After spending several hours I gave up from searching a way to increase font size in "Recent" tab of the Category panel.

Could you advice how to increase font size in Recent tab? I know that ,in general, font size can be increased by doing it in Windows (and I did it there already) , but, of some reason, that is not effective in "Recent" tab although all other areas were impacted. I do not know, if it should be or not.

And, If you can advice means to increase fontsize in "Recent" tab, what about the size of small pictures there?

B.r: Markku

sinus

Hi Markku

At the moment I do not see a way, like you, to increase the font in this pane.
Maybe another user has a solution.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

All font sizes in IMatch automatically adapt to the font size configured for Windows (e.g. menu font sizes, icon font sizes).
For selected parts of IMatch (Metadata Panel, Keywords Panel, Attribute Panel) you can manually configure the font size. This is also possible for file windows.

The Recent tab in the category panel is a standard Windows listbox with check boxes. It should automatically scale. I checked here on a 1200 pixel, 1600 pixel and 4K monitor and the text was always readable and in the correct size. We need more info:

Provide a screen shot so we know what you see
Let us know which Windows version you use, which screen size, resolution, the font scaling you have configured in Windows etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

markkums

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that was exactly what I expected to happen when I rescaled font size in Win. There may be something in my system now...

I´ll provide screen shots and other info you requested during today.

markkums

Hi Mario,

Here follows screen shots:

-Before taken screen shots I have increased font size from 100% to 125% in Windows (resulting font is 9 points Segoe UI, 120 DPI)
-My language setting is Finnish, so
     Kategoriat = Categories
     Viimeisimmät = Recent

Other info:
-Monitor: HP ZR24w, so 24 inches physical size
-Resolution in use: 1920x1200, which is a recommendation in OS

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

The tree control element with the check boxes is a standard Windows tree control, and uses the default font size. This is controlled by Windows.
The recent pick list is XAML markup code. It uses the same font size as configure for "captions" in Windows, usually 11pt or something. There is no way to manually change the font sizes used by these controls. They will change when the system font sizes change. I looks correct to me, judging by your screen shots.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

I've made a test. On my 4K monitor with 150% font scaling, the caption font size returned by Windows is 9pt. This is rather small. I will see if I can find another measure to control the font size in this panel (the Recent panel, not the tree) for the next IMatch release.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

markkums

Hi,

Ok, thanks for your replies.