I can't seem to locate the category, keyword controlled vocabulary files?

Started by trouble, October 12, 2015, 08:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trouble

I can't seem to locate these files, I installed the app yesterday and am testing it. I have approx 13 terabytes of images and art work. I have been looking for software like this FOREVER!! So far, almost 1 Million items and no problem, humming like a bird :)

So, if I can get the controlled vocab working well, I will be ecstatic, and you will have a new customer for life! I am curious why it is taking so long to write, update the text to the database. Should be faster than the scan, and it is literally taking hours. I've not yet looked into the thread, just thought i'd ask if you assigned it a lower priority?

I am very happy about this software.  I do wish it would support all types of images, ai, esp, and the lib's are out for them, xnview incorporated them a few years ago now.

Thanks for any help you could provide regarding the controlled vocab.
Your software rocks, it is so fast on it's scan I'd think it was using 'everything' from void tools.
Best regards,
~elaine.

Mario

Hi,

welcome to IMatch and the community.

QuoteI am curious why it is taking so long to write, update the text to the database.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this?
Which kind of data do you enter for your files? Metadata in the Metadata Panel or keywords in the Keywords Panel?
Writing to the database is usually very fast, unless IMatch is busy doing other things, e.g. still importing files in the background.

The IMatch log file (search for
Quotelog file
in the IMatch help system index for all details) will be useful to determine what's slow.
If you have really added 1 million files to IMatch, you are maxing the system out. 1 million files would be a truly 'Enterprise' level data volume and maybe too much for a single database. IMatch does a lot of cool things with files and metadata, but naturally what is super-fast for 50,000 files is at least (!) 10 times slower for 500,000 files...

Please let us know what you do, and what you consider as slow.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook