Face annotations 2

Started by crocothemis, October 14, 2015, 12:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crocothemis

Hi Mario,

Is it possible to search and select all images with (face) annotations?
Say I have 4000 images and 5 of them with face annotations, how can I find them (without having to browse them all)?
A possible solution would be adding an extra keyword ("face").

Cheers,
Frans

Mario

Easily.

A face annotation is a normal annotation and IMatch automatically maintains collections for each type of annotation.
You can just click the corresponding collection (Annotations > Region > Face) in the Collection View to see all files with face annotations.

If you click on that collection, you see all files with face annotations in the file window.
Under that collection, IMatch maintains sub-collections for each person (using the tag you have assigned to your annotation). This makes it easy to see all images of a person (or multiple persons, when you select more than one of these collections).

If you enable the corresponding option under Edit > Preferences > Metadata 2, IMatch also automatically assigns keywords to files with face annotations. Then you can see all files with face annotations or all files with faces from a specific person also under @Keywords.

And since @Keywords are categories, you can easily combine them to find images with one or more persons, images without a specific person, images with this person but not that person etc  :)

Type face into the IMatch help index and then click on Annotations in the result list to open the corresponding help topic.
Expand the table of contents at the top and click on Annotation collections, or press <Ctrl>+<F> and just search for collection within the topic.
This topic also explains all the other IMatch features which work with face annotations or normal annotations.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

crocothemis

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your answer!