Movies database

Started by zematima, October 15, 2015, 11:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zematima

Hi:
For now I think that my photos database is OK.
I began to work on my movies database.
The import was made without any problems and I have all my movies on IMatch.
Problems:
1 - Before editing anything , the Timeline works properly.
For instance if i have a MOV file the create date variable is {File.MD.QuickTime::MovieHeader\1\CreateDate\0}. It shows properly the date of the movie creation. (Create Date   2014:05:03 17:55:35)
After putting the ISO Country , City , Location , etc. this movie goes from the timeline Year 2014 , Month 05 to the timeline Year 2015 , Month 10 (today)
The same happens with MTS files , M2TS , etc.
Why?
2 - I also noticed that the create date changes from extension to extension.
For instance , for a MOV file the variable is {File.MD.QuickTime::MediaHeader\1\MediaCreateDate\0} , for a MTS file is {File.MD.H264::MDPM\24\DateTimeOriginal\0}
I made a layout in file window but how can I put these two (or 3) variables together in a way that if the extension is MOV it picks the first variable , if it is mts the second one , if ...
Thanks in advance,
JRosa.

Mario

Movie files usually have no metadata, no XMP and no EXIF data for sure.
Depending on the video format there may be some metadata, flash records or Apple's proprietary QuickTime metadata.

If IMatch cannot find a usable timestamp in the file IMatch thus uses the "last modified" date and time of the file on disk, as returned by Windows.
See "Date and Time" in the help system for details about how IMatch determines a default date for the various file formats.

When you change the metadata in your file and ExifTool updates the file on disk, the "last modified" date and time will change. And IMatch will reposition the file to a different spot on the time line.

To solve this, just set the XMP Created Date to whatever you want to position the file on the time line.
If you want to initially fill the XMP date and time from some other timestamps available in your specific video formats, use a Metadata Template. Use the XMP created and/or digitized date and time as the target, and the variable corresponding to whatever metadata timestamp you want to use as the source.

If you have only a few dozen files, you can also just select them all and then enter a date and time time in the Metadata Panel for all of them in one go.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

zematima