Moving on to 5.4..

Started by BlueWolf, November 01, 2015, 10:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueWolf

Hello everybody <waves>

Finaly moving from 3.6 to 5.4 and encountering some obstacles, where I probably (hopefully9 only need a nudge or two in the right direction...

- When adding files that contain ITPC-info I want that to be added as keywords or cathegories. Where do I tell IMatch whitch fields shold used?

- In 3.6 there was a script whitch let me copy all files in a cathegory into a folder named like the cathegory. Is there something like that in 5.4?

- I have a file-struktur like:
   c:Main folder 1\ Folder 1\ Subfolder 1 etc.
   If I add Folders and Subfolders one by one, it will not show the all information but rather display it like
    C:
        Subfolder 6 (full path: Main folder 1\ Folder 2\ Subfolder 6)
        Folder 3\ Subfolder 4  (full path: Main folder 1\ Folder 3\ Subfolder4)

How to change that?

Thank you for your help!

Mario

Hi,

welcome to IMatch 5.

IMatch 5 has a much improved metadata management, including keywords.

1. IMatch automatically imports (legacy) IPTC, XMP and hierarchical keywords from your files. The special @Keywords category automatically mirrors the hierarchical Keywords in your files.

The main feature to work with keywords is the Keywords Panel.

2. There is a "Copy Categories to Folders" script. See the Script Manager panel (View menu > Panels > Script Manager). It's in the "Utilities" group.

Tips. To create a folder, select the parent folder in the Media & Folders View, and then use the "Create Multiple Folders" command. You can create entire folder hierarchies that way.

You can copy files from a category to a folder using <Ctrl>+<C>, <Ctrl>+<V> (Copy/Paste),

Note:

IMatch 5 is different in some areas. Since you are quite late to the party (IMatch 5 was released in June 2014!), please make sure that you read the introductionary info in the help file.

Print out the keyboard cheat sheets in the Quick Start Guide (Help menu in IMatch) for an overview of all frequently used commands and their keyboard shortcuts.

Read the "For IMatch 3 Users" help topic first. It explains the differences between IMatch 3 and IMatch 5.

Then type @Keywords into the help index to find the information about the special @Keywords category, what it does, what you can do with it etc.
The hellp topics for the Keywords Panel and the Metadata Panel explain how you view and edit keywords and other metadata.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook