Variables has a different value

Started by sinus, November 18, 2015, 08:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario
This is a very minor thing, more a question of curiousity:

I have ONE variable, defined in the preferences.

This variables I use for a upcounting number, this works very fine!

When I look at the variables with VarToy, the value is the same, but when I put this variables into the header (ID-plate), then the value differs, between 1 and roughly 20 numbers.

Is there a reason for this ... as I said, more a question of interesting.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

This is an auto-increment variable! Unless used in special circumstances, it increments with every use. That's the idea of this type of variable.

If you use such a variable in a file window or the ID plate, it will be incremented every time the window is completely re-drawn. Depending on how Windows and IMatch cache window contents, this may be more or less often.

Variables which are set to auto-increment are not really designed to be used for display purposes. Use them in the Batch Processor, scripts, Renamer or whatever.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on November 18, 2015, 08:37:29 AM
This is an auto-increment variable! Unless used in special circumstances, it increments with every use. That's the idea of this type of variable.

If you use such a variable in a file window or the ID plate, it will be incremented every time the window is completely re-drawn. Depending on how Windows and IMatch cache window contents, this may be more or less often.

Variables which are set to auto-increment are not really designed to be used for display purposes. Use them in the Batch Processor, scripts, Renamer or whatever.

Ahhh! Thank you, Mario.

That is it. So I will take out the variable again from the ID-Plate.
I use it only for the renamer. And it works really fine (I made the same in MI3, and it works fine until now).

So all is fine!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus