Viewer and 2 Monitors

Started by jelvers, December 22, 2015, 01:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelvers

Have installed IM 5.5 on a new W10 computer without any hickups. Great version!!!
Just one funny behaviour:  Have to 24'' monitors. When I go into the viewer mode, the pic appears on the main monitor as expected. If I then move the picture to the other monitor I can see the picture for a second there but then it disappears, the  viewer window turns black and it says "loading" and nothing happens. If I move the "black window" back to the main monitor the picture appears again immediately. Interesstingly enough this does not happen when I am in slideshow mode.
I guess some adjustment has to be made. But which one? Coudn'it find any suitable in the viewers preferences (see below).

Juergen

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

You did not include a log file (see How to report problems) so I can only guess.
Does your other monitor use another display profile?
I think IMatch tried to adapt, updating the internal state of the Viewer to the new monitor layout, dimensions and colors. Probably DirectX did not kept up.

Solution: Move the Viewer to the other monitor. Close it. Re-open it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jelvers

Mario, you were right. Your solution works. The two monitors work on different profiles.

Regards, Juergen

jelvers

The picture reappears instantely as well when I maximise the window on the other screen.

Mario

When a DirectX window is moved to another monitor (Viewer or QVP) IMatch re-creates all DirectX resources (these are linked to a specific monitor after creation and cannot adapt), re-loads the color profile for the given monitor etc. This is a tricky operation with DirectX because it also requires the Viewer to purge all caches etc. It works here, but that may not be thecase everywhere. If it fails, it's usually enough to navigate to the next file or to change the window size.

You can attach a log file from a session where this failed, maybe I can find out something and improve this. But it's a rare case, by all accounts.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook