Slideshow saved to avi?

Started by pajaro, January 05, 2016, 08:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pajaro

I often make slideshows based on search results using various filters. I was wondering if there is a way how to save the slideshow in a format that can be opened by external viewer (e.g. a video format, or exe...). So far I was not able to do that. There are dedicated slideshow programs (Proshow Gold, PicturesToExe) but they are not cheap so having this option in IMatch would be great.

Thanks.

Pavel.

Mario

There is a reason that these programs are not cheap.
Creating video files usually requires a contract with MPEG, and annual royalties.
It's also very complex. And just saving an IMatch slide show an a video file will not be really that cool. You will want some sort of time-line, more control over the transitions etc.

I suggest you look into one of these solutions. I'm sure there is some open source or entry-level slide show application around you can use.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pajaro

Quote from: Mario on January 05, 2016, 08:32:10 AM
There is a reason that these programs are not cheap. I suggest you look into one of these solutions.

Thanks  :)

I was actually about to purchase Proshow Gold, just wanted to make sure before making the payment...

Mario

PSG will do a nice job for you. Unless they have changed things. you can drop files from IMatch directly onto the timeline in PSG.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pajaro

Quote from: Mario on January 05, 2016, 11:04:13 AM
Unless they have changed things. you can drop files from IMatch directly onto the timeline in PSG.

Yes, it still works that way and it's exactly what I was looking for...

Photon

Most of the popular slideshow programs have very weak performance and do not take real benefit from CPU/GPU capabilites.

Together with Imatch I am using for private and professional slideshows the software Wings-Platinum (AT) www.hdav.org/en/wings-platinum-5 and Mobjects (DE) www.mobjects.com. With these tools (there are also free, cheap and demo versions available) you have high performance and flexibility, e.g. export to video and exe. The real benefit with these tools is the consequent non-destructive principle and the high usability with flexible timelines and capability for high performance real time presentation.

To my humble opinion tools like ProShow are too weak because of limitation to only one timeline and no possiblity for absolutely exact positioning of audio, photo, video and text in region and time.
That is the reason why practically all public digital AV-Shows in big theaters of AT, CH, DE, FR and NL are produced with either Wings or Mobjects.

Martin
| IMatch v5.5.8 + Win7proN64bit | Lumix, Pentax |
| ExifTool, ImageMagick, GeoSetter | JPhotoTagger, MusicBee | CaptureOne, LightRoom | jAlbum, WingsPlatinum, Mobjects |

pajaro

Quote from: Photon on January 05, 2016, 01:24:10 PM
Most of the popular slideshow programs have very weak performance and do not take real benefit from CPU/GPU capabilites.

Together with Imatch I am using for private and professional slideshows the software Wings-Platinum (AT) www.hdav.org/en/wings-platinum-5 and Mobjects (DE) www.mobjects.com. With these tools (there are also free, cheap and demo versions available) you have high performance and flexibility, e.g. export to video and exe. The real benefit with these tools is the consequent non-destructive principle and the high usability with flexible timelines and capability for high performance real time presentation.

To my humble opinion tools like ProShow are too weak because of limitation to only one timeline and no possiblity for absolutely exact positioning of audio, photo, video and text in region and time.
That is the reason why practically all public digital AV-Shows in big theaters of AT, CH, DE, FR and NL are produced with either Wings or Mobjects.

Martin

Thanks, Martin. I will give Wings a try. Mobjects seems to be only in German and unfortunately I cannot speak German.

The most important feature for me is the ability to drag and drop images from IMatch to the slideshow program. The images are a result of a keyword search so they originate from various folders. Therefore they must be dragged from IMatch and not from a regular Windows file explorer. I tested several slideshow programs and most of them cannot do that. ProShow Gold was a rare exception...

Pavel.

Photon

Dear Pajaro,

both tools are used international and are available in english language during installation or programm settings.
I would recommend Mobjects, because the user interface is more intuitive and the support is much better.
You can send me a private message for further support. If I remember well, we know us a little bit from former times with Idimager?

Mobjects and Imatch work perfectly together and I think that the owners Mario Westphal and Steffen Richter are quite similar with their very good customer orientation.

Drag&Drop is indeed the most important requirement for all media-asset-management tools (MAM or DAM). For web-galleries or AV-shows I am maintaining my images selection (and lists) in Imatch. And the drag&drop to e.g jAlbum and Mobjects is highly convenient and effective, because the original files can stay were they are. Compared to this benefit, the situation with lightroom as a DAM is really terrible, because no drag&drop is possible, but only file export.

Regards, Martin
| IMatch v5.5.8 + Win7proN64bit | Lumix, Pentax |
| ExifTool, ImageMagick, GeoSetter | JPhotoTagger, MusicBee | CaptureOne, LightRoom | jAlbum, WingsPlatinum, Mobjects |

pajaro

Quote from: Photon on January 07, 2016, 01:36:52 AM
Dear Pajaro,

both tools are used international and are available in english language during installation or programm settings.
I would recommend Mobjects, because the user interface is more intuitive and the support is much better.
You can send me a private message for further support. If I remember well, we know us a little bit from former times with Idimager?

Mobjects and Imatch work perfectly together and I think that the owners Mario Westphal and Steffen Richter are quite similar with their very good customer orientation.

Drag&Drop is indeed the most important requirement for all media-asset-management tools (MAM or DAM). For web-galleries or AV-shows I am maintaining my images selection (and lists) in Imatch. And the drag&drop to e.g jAlbum and Mobjects is highly convenient and effective, because the original files can stay were they are. Compared to this benefit, the situation with lightroom as a DAM is really terrible, because no drag&drop is possible, but only file export.

Regards, Martin

Thanks, Martin. I just downloaded and installed Mobjects. The program looks really nice. Too bad I was impatient and have already purchased ProShow Gold license, I could have saved almost $70  :(

The Mobjects website is in German so I thought the program would be in German too. Also, I was not able to find any free or trial version. Then I discovered that in the download section there is a version of the program that works as a freeware...

Thanks for your offer to help me, I will test the program and contact you if something is not clear. You are right, we have already been in touch when I was migrating from IDImager - and you helped me to convert the IDI database to IMatch. I am so glad I switched to IMatch  :)

Regards,

Pavel.

Mario

Quote from: pajaro on January 07, 2016, 08:47:31 PM
...we have already been in touch when I was migrating from IDImager - and you helped me to convert the IDI database to IMatch. I am so glad I switched to IMatch  :)

Amen.
Spread the word.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator