Changing attributes with multiple selections

Started by cassb, January 13, 2016, 03:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassb

In v3.6 I could select multiple images and then change any attribute for all selected images.  Now, I get a message that only files with identical attributes can have attributed changed.  Can I change a preference so I can select the images in my attachment and change only the date attribute since it's the same for all in the selection?

Thanks!
Bryan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

IMatch 3 was simpler. Every property could have only one value. In IMatch 5 each property can have any number of values - which makes IMatch 5 Attributes so much more powerful.

If you select multiple files, IMatch by default 'merges' the Attributes and only shows the Attributes which are identical for all files. How else could you tell which Attributes come from which file?

In this 'Merge' mode you can add, remove and update Attributes for all files at once.

Switch to 'the Single' mode (toolbar button in the Attributes Panel) to edit the individual data for each file. IMatch then adds a extra column in front, which shows the file name. And then the attributes for this file.

I recommend you read the help on the Attributes panel to learn about all the possibilities. Just press <F1> after clicking somewhere in the Attributes panel to open the corresponding help topic.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cassb

OK Mario, thank you.  I will read the documentation and play with it.  Thanks for your imagination in your programming.  :-)

Bryan

Aubrey

Perhaps there ought to be an archive of attribute layouts....

I developed my attribute after looking at what Sinus had produced.

It is attached; you are most welcome to use it as a starting point. The file must be unzipped. It is not possible to attach imfwl extensions. It can be added by going to attributes, Edit layouts and importing it.

I have also attached a snapshot of the kind of result you ought to have.

Aubrey.

[attachment deleted by admin]

cassb

Quote from: Aubrey on January 13, 2016, 04:00:18 PM
Perhaps there ought to be an archive of attribute layouts....

I developed my attribute after looking at what Sinus had produced.

It is attached; you are most welcome to use it as a starting point. The file must be unzipped. It is not possible to attach imfwl extensions. It can be added by going to attributes, Edit layouts and importing it.

I have also attached a snapshot of the kind of result you ought to have.

Aubrey.

Thank you, Aubrey.  I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what it is you are offering.  Is this way of showing attributes for an image in a certain way?  I'm happy with the attributes I have defined; I just want to be able to change a single attribute for multiple images.

Bryan

sinus

I think, this is not the same thing, what your talking about.

Aubrey is showing, how Attibutes can be displayed. And she does this in a File Window. Here we can show different datas, like Attributes, Metadata, collections and so on.

You, Bryan,

You want change (edit) an Attributes, this is not possible in the File Window, what Aubrey did upload. But you could (with the help of variables) create such a File Window, like Aubrey uploaded, to show some of your Attributes.
Editing Attributes is possible in the Attributes-Window (like you do).
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

cassb

Quote from: sinus on January 13, 2016, 04:20:45 PM
I think, this is not the same thing, what your talking about.

Aubrey is showing, how Attibutes can be displayed. And she does this in a File Window. Here we can show different datas, like Attributes, Metadata, collections and so on.

You, Bryan,

You want change (edit) an Attributes, this is not possible in the File Window, what Aubrey did upload. But you could (with the help of variables) create such a File Window, like Aubrey uploaded, to show some of your Attributes.
Editing Attributes is possible in the Attributes-Window (like you do).

OK, thank you very much.  I understand how to show attributes in the file window - Mario showed me that.  I just wanted to edit an attribute for multiple files, is all.   :)

Bryan

sinus

Bryan:
so all is fine for you, super.

Aubrey:
Thanks for uploading, looks nice, your layout!  :)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus