How is the 5.5.6 release coming along...?

Started by Mario, January 13, 2016, 01:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

I think I have managed to fix the stupid installer problems now.

We have discussed this in several threads, so here is the current state:

First, I removed the dependency on the Visual C++ 2010 runtime. This was only required by the ICU internationalization components from IBM, and IMatch uses a more modern approach by now. So I finally threw that out.

Since the InstallShield installer complains about "something appears to have failed" whether or not i use the most recent Visual Studio 2015 installer or the one shipped with InstallShield, and independent from whether the VC 2015 components are installed already on the target machine and in which version, I decided to change the installer back to use the so-called 'merge modules'. This was not possible before because of the VC 2010 and VC 2015 install requirement. Sigh. Don't ask... >:(

Anyway, I tried this now on pristine Windows 7, 8, 10 and 'standard' Windows 7, 8, 10 (with standard applications installed) and the installer runs though without a problem, installing both IMatch Trial, IMatch Licensed on top of IMatch Trial and IMatch Licensed. IMatch 5.6.6 also runs fine.

A few minute ago I found a (hopefully) solution to the 'fonts much to large when printing' problem introduced by the latest XAML engine shipped with the UI toolkit. This only affects you when you use IMatch Design & Print and that's currently only a small fraction of the user base.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Sounds good to me.  I haven't had any issues, other than the installed failed one, which I just ignored and let the install run.

awoxx

You mean 5.6.6...? Installer now works here without a glitch (Win7/SP1). Problem with "black fonts" is also gone.

Mario

Yes. I mean the 5.6.6. Since I have released the 5.6.6 10 minutes ago, this thread is now obsolete.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

awoxx

ColinIM