"Unrelationed" sub-collection under Relation collection

Started by Ferdinand, August 05, 2013, 11:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferdinand

In another thread you pointed out:

To create a category showing all non-versioned files (neither master nor version), just use this formula:

"@All" NOT ("@Collection[Relations|Master]" OR "@Collection[Relations|Version]")

This means "All files except files in either the Master or Versions collections".

Once you have that category you can just use it to see all files not versioned yet or use it in the filter panel to show or hide non-versioned files. You can hide versions in the file panel via the File Properties filter easy easy enough, but this filter considers only versions, not masters.

It would be very useful to have an "Unrelationed" sub-collection under the relations collection, in much the same way that you have "None" under the Rating collection and no label under the Labels collection.

Mario

This collection will usually hold a large number of files, which means a lot of calculation and background work required. I'd rather skip this and if a user really needs something like this he can do it via a category and a formula.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Up to you, but I'd point out that most other collections have a "Other" or "None" item, e.g. flags, dots, pins, rating, label.  These will also typically hold a large number of files.

ubacher

I too think that Versioning would be much improved by being able to simply select unrelationed files.
I would suggest the following change in FILTERS under FILE PROPERTIES:

Replace No Versions with three options:
Versions
Master Files
Unrelationed Files

This would allow us to  show Versions and Unrelationed Files
or
Master Files and Unrelationed Files

Mario

You can use a Collection filter to see all unversioned files (if you mean that this means all files not a version or a master):

Select all master and version collections, then invert the filter.
The result are all files in the current scope which are neither master nor version.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook