Maximum distance in GPS filter

Started by Mees Dekker, February 26, 2014, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mees Dekker

When, in the filter panel, the GPS filter is activated,  "Maximum distance" is by default set to 20 kilometers. This causes that, when you select a specific location, your selection presents also files, that are assigned to other locations, because they are "within a 20 km range". That is bit much imho, because you select by default almost an entire city in stead of a specific address. I think it would be more logical to set the default to "0" kilometers in order to narrow down the selection to just the location (or set of coordinates) you selected.

This is especially confusing to new users, because a "location" has a radius of its own.

Secondly : the choice for "maximum distance" is limited to kilometers, miles and nautical miles and only in integer numbers. Would it be possible to introduce meters, yards etc. or a decimal (i.e 0.01 kms).

Mario

The value is saved so, once changed, will be retained.
The initial 20KM was chosen so users who use the filter most likely find something. Less confusion than a empty file window, probably.

I have added the unit meter for distance for build 5.0.146 and also a button which allows users to copy the coordinates of the focused file into the lat/long/alt input fields. This makes it easy to find files within a certain distance of the currently focused file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook