IMatch showing "IMatch Application Has Stopped Working" when opening data base

Started by Imageman, February 18, 2016, 06:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imageman

IMatch is showing the "IMatch Application Has Stopped Working" when I open a database that I use on a daily basis.

I religiously perform the Pack & Go routine every time I close IMatch so I have the "IMatch5_20160216.impag" from yesterday. How do I restore from this file? Use the converter?

I've looked through the help file and searched but don't see the solution? Help appreciated - Best, Bob

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

1. Please provide the log file. It may show us what the problem is.

2. To unpack a Pack & Go file, use the "Restore" feature in Pack and Go, as described in the Pack & Go help.
In your case, restore the package to a separate folder on your disk.
Open this folder in Windows Explorer and copy the database file back (replace the original database with the database from the Pack & Go folder).
If the database is the problem. Without the log file I cannot tell.

Did you notice anything unusual before this happened? Power failure? Windows shut-down.

PS.: You should not reply on Pack & Go for your backups. Pack & Go was designed to easily transfer IMatch databases and settings between computers. It is not meant as a replacement for a proper system backup - which would also backup your database and all your other important files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Imageman

Thank you Mario!

I used my system backup to replace the database and it is working fine now. I assumed the only backup needed was facilitated by "Pack & Go" (IMatch Blog), and I run it every time I close IMatch. I've set up a specific system backup of all IMatch files daily now. Also copy all IMatch files to another drive just in cast - Best, Bob

Mario

It would have been interesting to find out what the problem was.

IMatch databases don't break easily (IMatch uses a database system also by Google (Android), Apple (iPhone), Microsoft, Boing and others).
The recipe to physically damage a database are detailed in the help.

I'm working hard to keep IMatch as stable and reliable as possible. A damaged database caused by a hardware-problem is outside of my control. But databases should never become damaged out of the blue...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook