Trying to write data into EXIF Image Description fields

Started by JeffK, February 26, 2016, 11:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffK

Hello,

I am trying to place data in the variable(?) {File.MD.Exif::Main\270\ImageDescription\0}.  It is read only.  I have established that if I write the data into the variable {File.MD.XMP::tiff\ImageDescription\ImageDescription\0} it is reflected in the desired place {File.MD.Exif::Main\270\ImageDescription\0}.  However if I change the data in {File.MD.XMP::tiff\ImageDescription\ImageDescription\0} and do a metadata writeback it is not reflected in {File.MD.Exif::Main\270\ImageDescription\0} and the initial data remains.

I have set the option Metadata Working Group Compliance to No in the Metadata2 preferences panel.

Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong.   (I am doing this so that I might use the data in another program that reads this field.)

Thanks,

Jeff

JeffK

Sorry.  Looks like I've sorted it.  Don't know what changed.

Mario

This EXIF field is synchronized from the XMP description during write-back. It's one of the fields specified in the Metadata Working Group specification. There is also a side effect with IPTC data (legacy IIM data), if you use that. Maybe you need to write back twice, if the tags hold different values.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JeffK