Cancel option for tasks that are going to take hours and hours

Started by Fellwalker, February 28, 2016, 05:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fellwalker

By mistake, I chose to update force metadata on my Pictures folder, instead of on a sub folder.  The "Importing Metadata" dialogue tells me that will take 184 hours and a bit.  EDIT: After 10 minutes of processing, it is now down to 7 hours 27.  That is still longer than the hours I have left today that I was intending to work with my database.

I can dismiss the pop up, but all that will do is slow down the processing of files.

What I actually want to do is click a CANCEL button that lets me backtrack on my stupidity.

Mario

I understand that you accidentally instructed IMatch to write-back to a large number of files.

IMatch does this in the background when you dismiss the dialog box. Depending on the file format, your computer and the number of files this can take a while and may slow down your system. If you have issued the write-back in error, use the Database > Database Tools > Clear Processing Queues command.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook