Text export of metadata to excel

Started by mkinross, March 29, 2016, 05:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkinross

I am having a problem with incomplete export of text. For example I have 2 identical images and I am using the same script in the text export tool (see below), in one case I obtain a full record of the metadata that I have input as follows:
  "810-140e"   "Example of housing designed to Essex Design Guide"   "John Finch Partnership"   "Broomfield"      "http://www.johnfinchpartnership.co.uk/residential-the-square-broomfield.html"      "U.K."   

and in the second image which has been processed in exactly the same way, at the same etc., and which should read as above except for the file number (810-141e)  I only obtain this:
         "Broomfield"               

In other examples I may just get the date, or nothing at all.   My image database has around 4,700 entries 99.9% of which are fine and I have been using the software for about 10 years - this is a problem I am only just beginning to experience.  I am running version 5.4.12

Any ideas would very welcome!

Thanks,

Matthew

The script I have used for all my files in the Text Export dialogue is as follows:
{File.MD.IPTC::ApplicationRecord\5\ObjectName\0}
{File.MD.IPTC::ApplicationRecord\120\Caption-Abstract\0}
{File.MD.IPTC::ApplicationRecord\80\By-line\0}
{File.MD.Composite\City\City\0}
{File.MD.IPTC::ApplicationRecord\110\Credit\0}
{File.MD.IPTC::ApplicationRecord\115\Source\0}
{File.MD.IPTC::ApplicationRecord\95\Province-State\0}
{File.MD.IPTC::ApplicationRecord\101\Country-PrimaryLocationName\0}
{File.MD.XMP::photoshop\DateCreated\DateCreated\0}

Mario

Please show us the exported files, and the metadata of the files you use for the export.
You can use the "Copy Data App" in the App panel with the same variables you use for your export. Then paste into a text file and attach. This way we can see the data. Probably something like an embedded new line in the metadata, which is not suitable for CSV export!
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook