printing from different folders

Started by hannes_hab, April 01, 2016, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hannes_hab

I want to print 4 pictures on a A4 page that are from different folders - I tried this with a contact sheet reduced to 2x2 - but when I try to drop another picture on the printing tool a new sheet is opened. I cannot see a a chance to add another picture to the sheet from within the print and design tool.

Mario

1. You can select multiple folders and drop them.

2. When you work with standard templates, dropping a new set of files to the Design & Print module will load these files into the thumbnail panel, replacing the previous set of files. It will not open a new template or anything. What do you mean with "A new sheet is opened"?

Files already used in you template, will remain in both the containers and the film strip when you replace the selection of course.

3. If you want to print files from multiple folders, categories, collections, time-line nodes or a mix of these, it may be useful to combine these files first in a collection (e.g. add a pin to these files, then drop the pin collection). Or maybe add all files to a category and then print this category. Usually just selecting multiple folders, categories etc. works fine.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hannes_hab

1 I cannot select multiple folders in the Media and Directories Panel - I can select multiple pictures (from different folders) in the main window (thumbnails) at once. What I did the last time was to add pictures from one folder than switch to another and add again - with a dynamic template.

2 With dynamic templates I have to go to the print-preview - there I have no chance to delete a picture that should not be on the print. With the standard template I have the filmstrip where I can add pictures.
With dynamic templates if I added files later (drag & drop to the print app) - a new design & print window (not a new page) is opened.

3 I did not think about this feature - using a collection would be a good tip - thank you!

Mario

1. You can select multiple folders under the same parent. You cannot select multiple folders from all over your tree.

2. Dynamic templates use all files in your selection (what you have dropped). That's why they are dynamic, they automatically adapt to whatever number of files you use with them.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook