Imatch 5.6.18 does not open

Started by Joseramon, April 17, 2016, 08:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseramon

Hi all,

I am using IMatch 5.6.18 on Windows 10 but today it does not open, I do not know why.

When I try to open a database, even one that is empty, it stops loading when I get the message "Loading Thesaurus and tag metadata".

It stops there. If I check in Windows the activity of this software and it is 0%.

I left it for more thanone hour and it did not load.

Yesterday it loaded in just a few seconds.

What should I do?

Reinstall the program?

Should uninstall it first?

Thanks in advance

Jose

Mario

Please attach the (zipped) IMatch log file. You can find it in the TEMP folder on your system.

Search for log file in the IMatch help for more information.

The log file will tell us what IMatch is doing.
What happened between you successfully opened the database and now?
Windows crash? Power failure? ...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Joseramon

Yes, I had a power failure a few days ago but it worked fine after it.

I have computer crashes from time to time with this new version.

The old version of I Match worked smothly in my computer but the new one crashes more often.

Maybe I need to improve the PC?

Windows 10 N 32 bits
CPU: Intel Core Quad Q 8200  2.33 GHz
RAM : 4 GB

The Logfile attached.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

This log file contains no error messages or warnings.
It shows a normal IMatch start-uo and database open processing.

The log file ends when IMatch waits for the database system to read information about metadata.
I guess the database has been damaged by the power failure.

When IMatch was writing data back to the database at the time of the power failure, Windows may have acknowledged the data as written, but due to the power failure, the data has never reached the physical disk. This may corrupt a database in unforeseeable ways, and such errors can only be detected by running a database analysis. Otherwise the error may show up later at any time.

Restore your database from your last daily backup (from before the power failure).
Run a full diagnosis via Database > Tools after loading the database.

When you experience frequent crashes:

1. Always make sure that you run the latest version of IMatch (keep the automatic update check enabled so IMatch can inform you about new releases)

2. When the crash happens 'inside' IMatch, it will handle the crash by producing a DUMP file and notifying you. See DUMP in the IMatch help for details on how you can help to improve IMatch and to fix problems.

3. You may run the log file in debug logging mode (Help > Support > Debug Logging) so we have as much info about what IMatch was doing when it crashed.
After a crash, send me the zipped log file or attach to a bug report here in the community. This may help me to diagnose what the problem is.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook