Allow comments in Metadata Template definitions

Started by jch2103, April 21, 2016, 12:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jch2103

I recently realized it would be useful to allow comments to be included in Metadata Template definitions. I've created several; it would be nice to be able to document why/when I created them. (Some are almost one-shot items that may not need to be kept, while others are ones I'll likely be using for a while.

This would be something like adding comments in source code, for documentation.

I'd consider this a 'would be nice to have' but certainly not a 'must have'.
John

sinus

Woud be nice.

If you use the template with the favourits-panel, then you can add commments there.

And you can use of coure meaningful names for Templates at least.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

I would also go for the 'Give MD templates meaningful names'. Because your description will not be visible in the drop-down menu, and you will always have to go back to E > P > MD Templates to see your description. Much easier to have a name that tells you exactly what it does - right there in the menu.

If you use Favorites: Every favorite can have a description, which is shown in the tooltip when you hover the mouse cursor over the Favorite. And of course the Favorite name can differ from the MD template name.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Thanks to both of you - I'd forgotten I could assign metadata templates to Favorites, and I didn't realize I could add comments in Favorites..!
John